Yesterday's blog had a subplot involving the baking of some almond and dried mango flapjacks. Touchingly, someone of you even contacted me to ask for the recipe. I didn't follow a recipe, I just made it up. However, a cursory google reveals that nobody has ever made this combination before. I'm just planting my flag so that next time somebody googles 'almond and dried mango flapjacks', Google will direct them here.
Almond and Dried Mango Flapjacks
Half a bag of almonds
Half a bag of dried mango
Half a pack of unsalted butter
Half a bag of porridge oats
Half a tin of Tate and Lyle's golden syrup
- Melt half a pack of unsalted butter in a saucepan.
- Roughly chop your almonds and boil them in the melting butter.
- Chop your dried mango (I only used half a bag because they were difficult to chop and I was worried the butter might start to burn).
- Pour half a tin of Tate and Lyle's golden syrup into the melted butter and stir until dissolved.
- Mix everything together with the oats in a big bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for twenty-forty minutes depending on whether you like them sticky or rocky.